Conveyors create zones in accumulation and assembly applications
Dorner’s ERT250 Edge Roller Tray and Pallet Handling Conveyor uses rollers to move pallet conveyors smoothly without friction (a by-product often seen in belt-driven platforms). It uses pallet sensors and control logic to determine when a pallet is free to move forward or if a pallet is stopped downstream. If a pallet has to stop, it will stop in the next area. The motors only run when the paddles are moving forward or backward. Several zones can be created on a single conveyor. The use of zones reduces the number of stacked pallets, while providing efficient accumulation capabilities.
PACK EXPO Las Vegas and Healthcare Packaging EXPO (September 27-29, Las Vegas Convention Center) will bring together the packaging and processing community. With over 1,400 exhibitors, no other event in 2021 will bring together a more comprehensive gathering of suppliers offering new products, technologies and solutions. Registration of participants is now open.
The ERT250 is also ideal for applications requiring handling of pallets or trays without back pressure build-up and low back pressure, and clean room applications such as fabrication, assembly, packaging and more. of medical products or devices.
Technical specifications for single and multiple zones on the ERT250 include:
• Widths 100 mm to 960 mm wide
• 38mm diameter rollers on 50mm centers
• Loads up to 250 lbs / pallet or tray
• Loads up to 15 lbs / roll
• Table top 150 mm long minimum
• Speeds up to 37 m (121 feet) per minute
• Aluminum frame with two T-slots
• Energy efficient brushless DC gear motors and controllers; motor controllers use Ethernet IP for easy communication
• Automation modules (minimum width 240 mm)
• Navigate 90 ° and 180 ° angles
• Elevator and transfer
• Lift and locate
• 90 ° pusher