Affiva and Blue Cross Blue Shield senior executives
LEXINGTON, Mass., June 03, 2021 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) – MassTLC’s board of directors welcomed two technology leaders from Massachusetts: Dr. Rana el Kaliouby, co-founder and CEO of artificial intelligence firm, Affectiva, and Stephanie Browne , Vice President of Talent Acquisition and Head of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion at Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts.
“I couldn’t be happier to have Rana and Stéphanie as Board Trustees. Their experience and guidance will be a huge asset not only to me and our team, but to the entire MassTLC network, ”said Tom Hopcroft, CEO of MassTLC. “MassTLC’s mission to accelerate innovation, growth and an inclusive technology ecosystem, along with the makeup and strength of our board of directors, helps shape how we support our members and the tech community in its together in the accomplishment of this mission. “
MassTLC’s board of directors is currently 45% women and 26% color technology leaders. He represents Presidents, CEOs, CTOs, COOs, CEOs / CEOs and other functional roles, as well as various ages, company stages and customer segments. In terms of board renewal, more than half (53%) of current directors are new to the board in the past five years.
“Creating a diverse tech workforce is a business imperative,” Affectiva co-founder and CEO Dr Rana el Kaliouby said. “I am excited to bring my passion and expertise to work with MassTLC’s diverse board of directors on impactful initiatives to accelerate change in the technology industry.”
“I am thrilled to join a group of dedicated leaders who offer their talents to create an innovative and diverse technology community in Massachusetts,” said Stephanie Browne, Vice President, Talent Acquisition, Diversity and Inclusion, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts .
The new directors join a board representing the best technology leaders in the region:
- Mohamed Ali, CEO, IDG (International Data Group)
- Kimberly Anstett, Executive Vice President and Chief Technology Officer, Iron Mountain
- Lynda Applegate, Sarofim-Rock Professor of Business Administration and Chair of Executive Education Programs for Business Owners and Entrepreneurs, Harvard Business School
- Kirk arnold, Executive in Residence, General Catalyst
- Sean Belka, Managing Director, Business Development, Fidelity Investments
- Firdaus Bhathena, Chief Digital Officer, CVS Health
- Tye Brady, Chief Technologist, Amazon Robotics
- Dan Bricklin, President, Software Garden
- Carla Brodley, Dean, Khoury College of Computer Sciences, Northeastern University
- Steve conine, co-president and co-founder, Wayfair
- Jim Daniell, Founder and CEO, Revol LLC
- Craig dillon, Global Manager, Microsoft Technology Centers, Microsoft
- Renee foster, Past President, Curriculum Associates
- Brittany Greenfield, Founder and CEO, Wabbi
- Yogesh Gupta, President and CEO, Progress Software
- Jim heppelmann, President and CEO, PTC
- Sam the king, CEO, Véracode
- Mike Kinkead, entrepreneur / advisor, Green Swan Enterprises
- Dave Krupinski, co-founder, Care.com
- Donna Levin, CEO, Arthur M. Blank School for Entrepreneurial Leadership, Babson College
- Jack Small, President and CEO, Mathworks
- Matthew Littlewood, Partner, PWC
- Suzanne Livingston, Director of Engineering, IBM
- Marc Lorion, CEO, Tempo Software
- Steve o’leary, former Managing Director, Aeris Partners
- Nathan Pham, State Government Affairs, Verizon
- Pam reeve, President, Commonwealth Institute
- Derek schoettle, growth partner, Great Hill Partners
- Marnie Seif, Director of Human Resources and General Counsel, Analog Devices
- Debbie Theobald, co-founder, Vecna Technologies; Executive Director, Vecna Cares
- Corey thomas, President and CEO, Rapid7
- Sophie Vandebroek, Director, Idexx and Wolters Kluwer Laboratories
- Anthony williams, Executive Vice President and Chief Human Resources Officer, Akamai Technologies
- Tracey Zhen, President, Zipcar
Executives were also elected, including the president of Zipcar Tracey Zhen, as the new Co-President for a two-year term alongside the President and CEO of Progress Yogesh gupta, whose term ends in 2022. The President and CEO of PTC was also elected, Jim Heppelmann as secretary and PWC partner Matthew Littlewood as treasurer.
About the Mass Technology Leadership Council, Inc.
The Mass Technology Leadership Council (MassTLC) is the region’s leading technology association and the premier network for technology executives, entrepreneurs, investors and political leaders. MassTLC’s mission is to accelerate innovation, growth and development of an inclusive technology ecosystem in Massachusetts. We do this by connecting people from across the tech landscape, providing access to cutting-edge content and ideas, and providing a platform for our members to advance their collective interests. More than www.masstlc.org.
Vice President, MassTLC